Wednesday

TASK 3: Contacting organisations 2

Yesterday I found another organisation contact and finally managed to meet with him, following the direction of New Horizonts (another organisation).
I were at Age Concern, Kensigton & Chelsea and meet with Mr. Ben Long.
Even that he didnt have enough time, he promised that he will send me the 
answers via email. However I have described him what my reasearch is about and he liked the idea and told me that it works becouse they allready did something like that. 
He described me how hard is to manage the process becouse it is hard to find a place on a theatre for performance and it is very expensive to pay the professionals who will assist at workshops, for scenario.












They are doing it every year and it is called Acting up.
"Each year for three weeks during the summer, a group of school children from Holland Park School get together with members of Age Concern (Kensington and Chelsea) and spend three weeks together, writing and rehearsing with actors from Theatre ADAD to produce and star in their very own show."  

Source: Link

After that I have been looking from him for some new territories of my subject, and he promised me that he will write for them and answers to my email, which I am still waiting.


.....................................................................................................................................................

















I received a response from another organisation named Openage that gives support  and offers collaboration for my project. 
Further below see copy of their response via email:

"Hi Yll,
Just to let you know that I’m very interested in your proposal for some intergenerational work. So busy today so will try and get back to you tomorrow and answer your questions. If you could let me know days and state morning/afternoon that you might be free to work together then it would be helpful as we work on our programmes now, to print end of Nov.
Many thanks and I’ll send you the question answers tomorrow.

Best wishes,
Jemma Bicknell
Westbourne Hub Co-Manager"...       Date 07.11.11

..................................................................................................................................................
 
...and she was very supportive with her answers,...

"I think it’s a great idea, something that needs to happen more often given things like the London riots etc....We could find a venue and assist with and promote the group....We would need to get the space and time sorted before end of Nov as that’s when we print our new activity programmes for Jan..."  Date 08.11.11

I have replied to her via email explaining her at what stage my research is and hoping that they might give further support in that direction.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment